Monday, November 14, 2011

JT and the USMC Ball

I'm sure many of you remember the youtube videos that went viral awhile ago asking celebrities to attend the Marine Corps Balls and many of the celebrities agreed to go.  I read JT went to the ball this weekend I was really touched by the response he put on his website.  It was great to see a celebrity that was humbled and proud to attend the event.  I just wish there were more photos!

I'll admit I teared up reading his response and reflections on the evening.  He was humbled by the service members and their sacrifices.  I think what got me the most however, was the line where he stated "To all of you that serve every day for us... Ensuring our freedom, I say: My deepest gratitude to you. I've met so many of my heroes... From Michael Jordan to Michael Jackson. And, nothing makes me feel more honor and pride than when I get to meet one of you. Last night changed my life and I will never forget it."

Here is the link to the article: Read here.
Did anyone else read this?  What were your thoughts?

2 comments: