Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another one bites the dust!

Why yes I am referencing my friends that are getting married left and right :) Hence why I dropped off the face of the planet, I was busy doing school work so I could enjoy the weekend and all the driving around.  It was a 6.5 hour drive each way, but thankfully I had good company with another military gf in the car.  She's a Navy girlfriend, so it was interesting to hear more about a different branch. 

The bride this weekend is active duty Army, as is her husband (whoa weird to say husband).  It was nice to see them together, I had never met her husband until the wedding day but I'd heard all about him for the last 3 years.  They've been through opposite deployment schedules, living on opposite coasts and now they are finally married!

I officially survived my first catholic ceremony, all 2 hours of it.  Mostly that was due to the priest translating everything into Vietnamese as well as English.  So, it was quite the eye opening experience.  The dinner was fabulous, and we danced the night away.

I got the bouquet by default, they started playing "single ladies" and asked for all the girls to come forward, and I stood up and slowly realized I was the only one there.... cue awkward laughter.  The bride laughed her butt off and said, "hmmm, I wonder who this is going to be for?" and proceeded to chuck the bouquet my way.  At least we had some fun with it!  I just had to laugh, that made it the 2nd bouquet I've caught in a row... yikes!

On the trip back I managed to stop and have lunch with a bestie in STL and catch up with her for a bit, I've missed her so it was much needed.  I also got a Panera fix, which is always a fantastic thing.  Love some broccoli cheddar soup with a panini- perfect lunch!

Some photos from the weekend:
LOVE her dress and bouquet.

Beautiful church.

I believe this is the part where the priest forgot the "you may now kiss your bride"

First dance.  I teared up a bit.

Bride and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment