Saturday, October 29, 2011

I got crafty!

Occasionally I'll try and save a little money and try making things that would normally cost $60 or more.  It all started when I picked up my milball dress from the tailor.  It looks amazing and I can't wait to show you all!  You have to wait until after the ball to see it though, I'm being sneaky.

I had the dress made into a sweetheart neckline, and was considering adding a brooch or something to the top, but decided against it because I love the simplicity of the gown.  So, I wanted to find some sort of hair accessory.  I looked at some bridal shops, and most of the hair pieces I loved were about $60.... ouch.  That was more than the alterations to my dress! I did manage to find a brooch for $15 at David's Bridal and thought I could convert it into a hair comb.  So, here is how it turned out.

At the start.  The brooch before.
My wire and hair combs I bought for $2 each at Hobby Lobby.
Once the wire was wrapped around I kept going.
Finished product from the back.
Finished front view.
How it looks in my hair.  I'm pretty satisfied for $20!

1 comment: