I have seen this floating around and thought it would be fun to share.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love paper, something about the tearing and making ribbons just says Christmas to me.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real all the way, well at my parent's house at least. I don't have room in my apartment for much more than my 3 ft table top tree, so I settled this year. When I get home next week my family will do our usual redneck tradition of cutting down the tree out of our backyard. We planted the trees when I was younger, and pick one out for Christmas on Thanksgiving and shape it in the weeks that follow. I just keep hoping we don't end up like the Griswolds and have a squirrel end up in the house, ha!
3. When do you put up the tree? We usually do this a week before Christmas, once my sister and I come home from college. The day after Thanksgiving I also usually help decorate the tree with Boyfriend and his family, they do an artificial tree and enjoy having it up for a few weeks.
4. When do you take the tree down? January 1st. We like to keep it up for a few days to enjoy it since we usually put it up so late. We also do Christmas with my mom's side of the family on the day before New Year's Eve, so its nice to have the house still decorated.
5. Do you like eggnog? Can't say I do, but I may try it again this year. I'm more of a mulled wine girl.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I think the year I got my American Girl Doll, I still have Felicity and all her clothes tucked away in a trunk in my parents house. I remember being so excited because I finally got one, and I loved reading the books since I was in 2nd grade. My sister got one as well, so that year we had fun dressing them up and playing with them together.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad. This year we got him a rocking gift- I'll be sure to post photos and the back story to go with it :)
9. Easiest person to buy for? Boyfriend. I stash my ideas all the time. This year, I thought about his gift before he even came home, and on homecoming day he mentioned he wanted to pick one up. It only took 3 times of telling him not to buy one before he put it together haha.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't really think of one. As I get older they get more and more practical. Last year I got a new trashcan, which to some people might seem pretty awful, but it's a Simple Human one and it has a lid that works unlike my last one, so I was pretty stoked :)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's A Wonderful Life. I watch it every Christmas Eve with Boyfriend.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually after Thanksgiving or if there is a great sale.
14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, but it was for an anonymous gift exchange.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My family's fudge recipe, its so delicious and I make several batches every year in traditional chocolate, mint, peanut butter and while chocolate with peppermint.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, it is so elegant and modern. However, my family usually does colored so I get both between my two trees this year.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Tough one, I have favorite albums: Elvis, Harry Conick Jr, Michael Buble, Vienna Boy's Choir, and my N'SYNC album is still a guilty pleasure.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel between Boyfriend's and my parents' houses, so a whole 8 miles :)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Sing it with me: you know Dasher, and Dancer, and Prancer, and Vixen. Comet, and Cupid, and Donner, and Blitzen. And the most famous reindeer of all: Rudolph!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Glitter star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Well, I have Christmas with boyfriend and his family every Christmas Eve, then my family and Dad's side on Christmas day- so both!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The acts of charity and kindness don't last forever, I wish more of the altruism during the holidays would last year round.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I love modern and bright combos- my apartment tree is silver and hot pink glitter ornaments, while my parents do a tree with all the homemade ornaments from my childhood.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Time with boyfriend and lots of photos together. A Kindle wouldn't hurt either :)