Saturday, February 12, 2011

Awards!?!

Ok, so thanks to J- for the lovely award! This is my first one, so I'm still rather unsure how this all goes down.... so I'm leaving it up for grabs for my followers if they haven't received it before to take it as a gift from me :)


I'm supposed to add 7 fun facts about me, but I'm in a sharing mood here are 10 fun facts about me that you didn't already know from reading my blog.

1) I hate hand washing dishes.  Seriously, next apartment I get, WILL have a dishwasher.  I don't mind most household chores, but dishes.... I'll pass.

2) I have an unhealthy obsession with WoodWick candles.  Since I cannot have the crackling sound of a wood burning fireplace, they are the next best thing.

3) My favorite store to shop at is a tie between Ann Taylor and Banana Republic.  Someday when I'm finally done with school and have some of my college loans paid off, I will shop there more regularly.  It also helps when you have best friends that work at each of them for their 50% off discounts :)

4) My 3 best friends and I have been besties since sophomore year of undergrad, we all lived together  my junior year and I really miss them!  We're talking about planning a road trip to Florida in the near future.... I'm hoping sooner rather than later!

5) I'm seriously a huge nerd. I spent some extra money from my loans on additional textbooks, such as The Dictionary of Otoscopy, and the Dictionary of Audiology.  I'll add a photo as proof of my nerdy tendencies later.

6) I love to read!  LT and I have a tradition, every valentine's day and birthday I get at least 1-2 new books. This year it isn't going to happen, but that is ok with me- I don't really have time to read for fun lately.

7) I was an RA (we called them SA at my school, but same thing) in undergrad.  Yes, I was one of those people that busted alcohol in the dorms and worked crazy hours for little to no pay, and I loved every minute of it.  I'm a people person, so working with freshman and helping them navigate college was so rewarding.

8) I'm actually a pretty tall girl, and all legs!  I'm 5' 10" tall and have an inseam of 35-36", so yes, my legs are actually 3 feet long.  Try shopping for jeans and dress pants for a tall girl.... the bane of my existence, especially if I want to wear heels with them.

9) Despite being tall, I do LOVE to wear heels, they make me feel cute and sassy.  I do have my limits however, I hate being over 6' in heels... so my heels are usually pretty short, which is hard to find, but yay Zappos!

10) I'm actually allergic to bacon, sausage, brats, pepperoni and most other pork products.  I can eat unprocessed pork (ie pork chops) but I don't eat any of the above.  People think it is weird, but every time I eat them I get really sick.  Even the smell makes me ill.  I haven't had any of them since I was like 7, so I've been "missing out" for quite awhile now.

So, if you haven't gotten the versatile blogger award, feel free to take it for yourself :) I know I am still getting started, so this blogging award stuff is all still pretty new to me.

Just for kicks, a photo of me in all my nerdy glory.  These were my 22nd birthday presents from my 3 best friends.  That poster is now framed and hanging in my apartment over my bookcase.

2 comments:

  1. I love to read too. My bf got me a Kindle (which is amazing) for Christmas because I can go through a couple of books a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm so honored to be in here twice!

    ReplyDelete