Thursday, March 17, 2011

All because two people fell in love...


Who would have thought that 6 years ago today I’d walk to my locker after school to find a note from my recent Sadie Hawkins’ date that said, “meet me here after school, I have something to ask you.” Along with the note was a drawing of leprechauns and wishing me a happy St. Pat’s.  (I still have that note stashed away in a memory box to this day) 

When we finally met after school, you asked what I would be doing next weekend for my birthday, and I let you know that I had no plans (while inside I couldn't stop squealing).  You then asked if you could take me out to dinner, and walked me to my car to chat while I grabbed my running clothes for track practice, and then walked me to the locker room. 

I can honestly say these have been happiest 6 years of my life.  Through all the tears and tough times, you have always been there for me, and for that I thank you.  We’ve grown from awkward high school kids unsure of where we would be in a year, to confident young adults striving to figure out our next steps.

That was then….

(Kinda cheating, this was my Senior Prom)


This is now…

(Circa August, right before I had to say "see you soon")

I miss you LT, and seeing these photos really takes me back to where it all began.  

1 comment: