Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Holy cow, when did March get here!?!

Yikes, where has the semester gone!?! Seriously, I am only a few weeks from midterms, and man do I have some studying to do!! My hardest class is kicking my butt, and I need to put in some study time these next few weeks.  My classmates and I have a study date later this week, so I think it'll be super helpful to talk through some concepts with them.  I should probably take some time to read the book over again and notes and all that fun stuff..... whee grad school!

Thankfully I have my BFFs coming into town this weekend... yay girl time!! *let the frantic cleaning/organizing begin* I seriously can't wait to see them, while it has only been 2 weeks, I miss my girls while I'm here.  We have some MAJOR celebrating to do, one of my girls has her birthday this weekend, and the other just got a job as a teacher for the rest of they year.... look out CU, we'll be running a little wild ;)

Also, if you haven't figured out what college I'm currently attending, this may give it away haha.  This weekend is "UnOFfIcial", or a huge St. Pat's celebration that is a drinking day on campus.  Bars open at 11am, but others pre-game before then, and apparently the main street through campus town gets crazy.  I have clinicals in the morning, and I'll probably hold off on the celebrating until the girls come into town, I have to finish my work first. But, this weekend shall probably be nuts, and I for SURE won't be doing the good old 'kegs and eggs' style celebration.... I just can't keep up with those undergrads anymore (probably for the better, ha!)  Big 10 schools know how to have a good time, so glad I went to a small school for undergrad, I could not have handled this at 18.

In other news, I'm determined to make this month awesome! I'm currently working on an awesome anniversary package for the LT, 6 years in just a few weeks.... holy cow! It seriously seems like just yesterday we were awkward high school kids just starting to date and go to prom together, and here we are almost 6 years later.  I honestly would not have predicted this future for us, but while we've had our tough times, I wouldn't trade them for anything.  This month also means my 23rd birthday and spring break are coming up.  It'll be a busy month, but at least there is some down time to be had.

In not so good news, Mr. Soldier got delayed on leave yet again.... *big old pouty lip* There is some hope he'll be back sooner because he's switching jobs, but I'll believe it when I see him at the airport.  Just trying to stay positive, and trying to accept the fact it might be as much as 10 months from when I last saw him to when I'll finally get a kiss again. The silver lining will be that when he does have to go back at the end of leave, he'll be not far from coming back again... at least that is my mantra for now.

I'll probably be MIA for the rest of the week, but I'll be sure to have photos and I'm sure tons of stories to share after this weekend.  It's going to be one for the record books that is for sure!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, and it is a little bit freaky to me how similar our lives are! It's nice to know there are other grad students out there married to the military and dealing with a deployment. Makes the stress a little bit easier to deal with! Enjoy your March festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Big 10 schools know how to have a good time" we sure do!!

    Hope the week is good to you!

    ReplyDelete