Sunday, April 24, 2011

On Track

Yep, I'm right on track for my 5k on Friday! I did 3.5 miles today in 35 minutes without walking.  Whooo hoooo! Not too shabby for going from 1.5 miles to 3.5 in 2 weeks.  I feel strong, prepared, and ready for friday.  The goal will be to not push myself too hard this week.  Light weights, some abs and lots of stretching along with watching my diet and eating as healthy as possible.

I'll keep you guys posted, but things are looking good.  I just may have to keep up this running stuff through the summer and find a 10k to run in the fall :) I'm working my way through my bucket list, one race at a time.

Now onto making my race day play list- lots of 90's classics and my gangsta rap.  Thank you to Sir Mix-A-Lot for getting me through my last mile today.

No comments:

Post a Comment