Monday, April 11, 2011

Send Some Love!


Today I was going to blog about being achy/whiny from my run, the lack of a definitive leave date and a multitude of other complaints.  But today, after reading the note from {Mis}Adventures of an Army Wife, I can’t.  Today, I decided to blog about something much bigger than just my insignificant complaints. 

After reading her post, my heart sank and I got a knot in my stomach.  I was physically ill to read about what caused her to think taking her life was the only option left in her life.  When I scrolled down to the bottom I was overwhelmed with a sense of relief in finding she was alive and had sought treatment.  Upon reading the never ending comments of concern, offering prayers and sincere well wishes, I cried tears of happiness that the blogging community is so supportive and took quick action to help her in her time of great need. 

Because of days like today, I can really see the support that exists through the blogging community, it reminded me why I chose to start a blog in the first place, the support.  While not everyone may feel they can open up during difficult times, this shows how even people you have not met will be there to offer words of encouragement and solidarity. 

I encourage you to send a little love her way because she needs it.  I can only hope that someday soon she will read these comments, messages and other ways people are trying to get in contact with her to see how truly loved and supported she is. 

“I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone.  People love a warm hug or just a friendly pat on the back.” ~Maya Angelou

1 comment:

  1. I love your quote and completely agree with your post. I came across her site tonight and after reading everything else seemed so insignificant.

    ReplyDelete